Thursday 2 April 2015

Creme Egg Brownies


It's nearly Easter and this is literally my favourite thing about the holiday! I love baking and I do it far too much; I made so many of these last year I had to start giving them to people because I would have just eaten them all myself! I want to start putting more baking posts on here, but my problem is I hardly ever measure anything properly - I believe baking (and cooking!) should be about trial and error and enjoying yourself. So feel free to just use this as a basis and do your own thing!

Funnily enough I'm not actually a fan of the insides of creme eggs when they aren't baked, but when they have been in the oven for a while, the sugar caramelises and it's gorgeous!

So this is the recipe; you could really substitute the creme eggs with anything to make them seasonal, making them the perfect little gift for someone, or treat for yourself!


Makes 10 brownies.
Takes roughly 30 minutes.

Ingredients
  • 5 Creme Eggs
  • 200g salted butter
  • 280g caster sugar
  • 3 large eggs
  • 80g plain flour
  • 80g cocoa powder

Method

  • Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (fan oven).
  • Then start by cutting up the butter into small chunks, and heat up for 30 seconds in the microwave until slightly melted.
  • Next in a large mixing bowl, beat the sugar and partly melted butter. 
  • Then beat in the 3 large eggs until you can see little air bubbles forming.
  • Sift the flour and cocoa powder into the bowl and fold into the mixture.
  • Pour the mixture into a baking tin lined with greaseproof paper.
  • Next is the messy part! On a chopping board, carefully half the creme eggs with a sharp knife - I've found that it helps if you find the natural split in the chocolate first - then lay them gently onto the mixture.
  • Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the mixture doesn't wobble when you shake the tin - and you're done!




No comments:

Post a Comment