Thursday 12 March 2015

Carrot, Kale and Coriander Soup


I love soups! They are so simple, full of goodness, and you can pretty much put anything in them and they work!

This is obviously my take on a very classic soup; I love kale - it's full of iron, calcium and vitamin C, and I find that it goes well with everything, including this fab soup. 

I have a hand blender which is so useful for soups, as well as hummus and pesto, but I used to hate it as a student when I read great recipes that required ridiculous equipment! So this magical mix could be eaten as a broth too.

So here is the recipe! It serves 2, and I topped mine with fresh coriander and chia seeds and had it with my fave avocado on toast.


Ingredients
  • 1.5 large carrots
  • 1 onion
  • 1 large garlic clove
  • 500ml veggie stock
  • 2 large handfuls of kale
  • 1/2 tsp ground coriander
  • 1 handful fresh coriander
  • splash extra virgin olive oil
  • salt and pepper
  • pinch chia seeds (optional)




Method

  • So start by finely chopping the onion, carrots and garlic.
  • Then lightly fry them in a hot pan with the oil for about 5 minutes, or until the onions begin to brown.
  • Next add the stock and ground coriander, and bring to the boil.
  • Add the kale, then leave to simmer for around 10 minutes, or until the carrots are soft.
  • Turn off the heat, add the fresh coriander, salt and pepper, then whiz up with the hand blender until smooth.
  • Spoon into a bowl, add a sprig of fresh coriander and the chia seeds, and you're done!








2 comments:

  1. Made this today, it's SOOOOO tasty! We added some cumin, so much flavour, thanks for posting this recipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have spare carrots so I'm giving this a while

    ReplyDelete